Established in 1848, the Tudor style is typical of workhouses designed by the architect George Wilkinson. Located adjacent to the Workhouse, the fever hospital was built to deal with the epidemics brought on by the Great Famine. Built to accommodate approximately 150 people, the numbers rose to almost 450. Fever sheds had to be built to extend the accommodation for the sick. A sad reminder of this terrible period is this beautiful building which is in very good condition. Today in the grounds is the workshop of a local stonemason, Jethro Sheen, a gifted craftsman, whose showrooms are well worth visiting.