Gort library was the former local Protestant Church, built in 1810. The design was attributed to the architect, James Pain. The two galleries in the building were for the Gregory’s (the north) and the Goughs, (the south). It was presented to the town of Gort in 1972. The adjoining cemetery has several 17th-century box tombs and in the newer part, donated by the Sisters of Mercy, are beautiful mosaic Stations of the Cross.