Former Cunard Shipping Office

Contact Information

The large Cunard crest located on the exterior wall tells the story of the Cunard Steamship Company Limited who set up office here in 1867. The Cunard Line merged with the White Star Line in 1934 which led to the crest being removed. It was restored and cared for by Cobh Museum where it is on display. Today a cast from a moulding of the original plaque hangs over the main entrance. Information from A magnificent walking guide of Cobh by the Transition Year students of Coláiste Muire 2020 Coláiste Muire Transition Year Heritage Project 2020 Please take two minutes to have a look at their work.