Cobh Tourist Information Office (operated by Cobh & Harbour Chamber) town centre location at Market House (under the Arch) opposite Cobh Library in Casement Square. Please feel free to call in to have a look and chat with our friendly and knowledgeable staff. Designed by Alexander Deane, Cobh Town Hall and Market House was built in 1851. It served as the marketplace for the people of Cobh and Great Island. In May 1915 following the sinking of the RMS Lusitania the building served as a temporary morgue to allow for the recovered bodies to be identified. More recently the District Court occupied part of the building until its closure in 2010. Nowadays it is home to Cobh Library and Cobh Chamber Tourist Office.