Carrig House

Contact Information

Built in the 1830's in an Italianate style for a private shipping merchant, John Atkins. It later served as the American Consulate in the late 1920's and 30's. There is a stained glass window on the stairwell with an image of a ship with the initials ICA, Irish Consulate of America. For many years it served as a school and is now home to Cobh's Municipal District Office for Cork County Council. Information from A magnificent walking guide of Cobh by the Transition Year students of Coláiste Muire 2020 Coláiste Muire Transition Year Heritage Project 2020 Please take two minutes to have a look at their work.