We are now at the junction of Asna Street and Clarke Street (named after Thomas Clarke, one of the signatories of the 1916 proclamation). This street was originally called the Old Brewery Lane, then in became the Quay, them Jermy Street (after a member of the corporation) the portion of the street left at the junction was also named Mill Lane. It also had a pet name in Irish, "Sraid Na nÁmhas" of the street of the hirelings, due to its reputation as being a red light district at one stage. The proximity of the quays being of importance of course. The Corporation minutes dated 16th June 1699 issued a request to prosecute Norah Kelleher, "who appears to be a notorious wanton".