Rated as regional importance on the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, this freestanding cylindrical cast-iron post box was erected c.1905. It has a moulded neck with “POST OFFICE” in relief and a round cap. This cast-iron post box is an important feature of the social and urban fabric of the town. The high-relief casting of the lettering to the shaft is particularly attractive, adding artistic value to this functional object. The royal insignia of Edward VII reminds us that this post box was installed before Ireland gained freedom.